Turtle Teaching Staff
Malama Na Pua e Lima Kaiwi Mau Loa Halau
The story Of
The Emerald Turtle Teaching Staff
How she came to be and her journey to the Halau
My journey began on sacred bushland in Victoria; a great circle was gathered for the Sweat Lodge and Vision Quest.
One of pure heart and humility in her opening to spirit noticed my mother tree, she sat and asked permission for the branch that I am to be gifted to her. With love she knew that like all diamonds, at first, I seemed rough and my true essence was not visible but as she peeled away the old weathered and toughened outer skin, she began to feel my softness and see my beauty and so begun my journey into becoming a sacred teaching tool.
With honour given to any standing person she took me to her land where she spent time with me in meditation and even though life was busy, and at times I seemed to be forgotten she always took time to engage me.
As she sat with me she came to realise that she was the carrier of the staff for another and set about waiting for the sign and asked for the one to pass me too to come forward.
For years I waited growing stronger and stronger, waiting to be of service. Then in a meditation she was shown who I was to work with. With the turning of the new moon and a new year, I was presented to a woman who was beginning to learn her shaman ways.
This woman was fearful at first but sat with me in my raw form and asked to be shown how to bring me into being. She asked assistance from The 13 Original Clan Mothers and from me, that we become one with her so we could walk together in service.
This was done and over the months that followed, I was dreamt into being, with the Grandmothers guiding how to create me with what colours, the beading ways and other elements I was meant to have.
We worked together to show this woman how she could become gentle with strength in healing ways and that an open heart and service is a way of life. We worked for a number of years together in areas of healing, prayer and ceremony but there came a time in our knowing that there was an energy of calling growing and that our time of being together was coming into completion.
Now I am swimming into other waters. In the energy of service and dreaming I am called to come, to offer any assistance to the teachings of the Halau.
I will work within the greater vision of spirit to assist to allow the deepness and openness of spirit in the energy of Malama Na Pua e Lima Kaiwi Mau Loa.
I am Emerald Turtle Teaching Staff and like my brothers and sisters of the sea I swim deep, I swim strong, I am gentle and will always continue to support and love until healing is complete.
I breathe long, slow and deep. If you allow me, I can be a teacher of patience, truth and gentleness.
Come swim in the depths and heights of spirit together, share the ancient teachings and joys. Let us live Mahalo and Aloha in all ways.
My skeleton (Tea Tree) was dried and strengthened for nearly a decade and was gently smoothed and cleaned.
From within meditations, it was shown essential oils to be blended and my skin (green Leather) which is green to represent healing and heart was bathed with it. In writings it was shown that this fragrance was to ignite the energies and assist remembrance for those we are to work with.
I have four legs to remind you that I walk upon this earth and that the shells on my feet represent that I move between worlds.
My eyes are water pearls to show that I see you through the eyes of spirit.
- My shell (leather) was made golden to carry the highest of vibrations.
- The 13 original clan mothers’ shields that bring their wisdom and spiritual gifts.
- The beading of the four directions to show that people have been called from all places and ways.
- Natural water pearls represent wisdom from spirit and that are now available to all.
- My underside is shining and represents the light of who I am is always growing. The beads show the individual journey and the lessons learned and how they come with you throughout multiple journeys.
- Scallop Shell is open and is a bowl to capture prayers and desires of those that come and sit with me.
- Ribbons are the four directions and the colours of this land ‘First Nations’ people to bring forth the dream-time wisdom of this land.
- Conch Shell is calling you forward, calling to your deep knowing and home.
- Frangipani reminds us of the sweetness and beauty in this life.
- Brown leather reminds us of this earth and how it supports us.
- Water crystals remind us of the jewels both above and below the waters of who we are meant to be.
- Water pearls on blue leather hand space are to remind us that wisdom is always within your grasp.
- Blue leather represents the ocean that turtle swims in and the ocean of emotion we swim through each day.
- Gold & Aqua beading is seaweed that holds nutrients and feeds the ocean. It ebbs and flows with the currents.
- It shows us that with trust of timing you can remain strong and you will be of service and all your needs will be met.
Wisdom Is Wisdom , Truth Is Truth, Love Is love & God Is God
May you know all of this in this lifetime. Mahalao Pau & Aloha